Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has opened upwards near his feelings on running for president one day.

A poll published in April plant that 46 pct of Americans would support a White House bid by the wrestler-turned-actor.

Years afterward the star commencement revealed that he was contemplating the thought, he has shared his "honest feelings" on running for office.

Posting on Instagram over the weekend, the 49-year-erstwhile shared a portrait from a new Vanity Fair interview, including a quote from him that read: "At the end of the day, I don't know the first thing about politics. I intendance deeply about our country.

"I intendance nearly every f****** American who bleeds ruddy and that's all of them. At that place's delusion here—I may have some leadership qualities but that doesn't necessarily brand me a great presidential candidate. That's where I am today."

Captioning the Vanity Fair epitome, Johnson expanded on his thoughts, expressing gratitude for the public'southward back up while also admitting that he didn't experience ready for such a role.

"Conversations always swirl when it comes to me running for POTUS one day," he said. "The latest poll showed that 46% of Americans would support me running for President.

"For my @vanityfair interview, I spent a lot of time with my author (and tequila drinking buddy:), Chris Heath about my honest feelings regarding this unbelievable back up I potentially could have."

He went on: "I'grand not a politico then I don't care what side of the street you live on or what side of the aisle y'all sit on.

"Cadre values matter. Work hard, take care of your family, be kind to people, take pride in your name, take pride in your ain two hands, be inclusive and respect Everyone and don't be full of s***.

"I'm not a politico, but that's the truth."

Johnson expressed an interest in the presidency in a February interview with The states Today, suggesting that his decision would be based on the level of public interest.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
Dwayne Johnson attends the United kingdom premiere of "Jumanji: The Next Level" at BFI Southbank in London on December five, 2019. The wrestler-turned-actor has previously said the idea of being president is "attracting." Mike Marsland/WireImage

"I would consider a presidential run in the futurity if that's what the people wanted," Johnson told USA Today. "Truly I mean that, and I'm non flippant in whatever way with my respond. That would exist upwardly to the people… And so I would wait, and I would listen. I would accept my finger on the pulse, my ear to the ground."

In April, Johnson said during an appearance on NBC News' Sun Today with Willie Geist, that he had a "goal" to bring America together.

"I do have that goal to unite our country," he told Geist. "I too experience that, if this is what the people desire, then I volition practice that."

He added: "I am passionate most making sure our land is united, considering a united land, every bit nosotros know, is its strongest and I want to run across that for our country."

Back in 2016, Johnson told GQ magazine that he establish the idea of being president "attracting," but added that there were "a lot of other things" he would like to practice outset.

The following year, he said during an appearance on The Ellen Show that he was "seriously" considering becoming a presidential candidate.

When he visited The Tardily Prove with Stephen Colbert in 2018, Johnson revealed that he was notwithstanding "admittedly" considering a White Business firm run. Even so, he said he would need to "get some experience and empathize policy" earlier launching a potential bid.

In Apr, after Newsweek reported on the 46 percent polling number, Johnson tweeted a link to the article, calculation the annotate: "Not sure our Founding Fathers e'er envisioned a six-four, bald, tattooed, one-half-Black, half-Samoan, tequila drinking, pick up truck driving, fanny pack wearing guy joining their club - but if it ever happens information technology'd be my award to serve the people."

Dwayne Johnson
Dwayne Johnson speaks during a hand and footprint ceremony for Kevin Hart at TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood on Dec 10, 2019. A poll conducted in April found that 46 percent of Americans would back Johnson if he ran for president. Leon Bennett/WireImage